gWhiz Forums  

Go Back   gWhiz Forums > BlackBerry Software: Support & Feedback > gFlash New Support Questions

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
gwhiz.support
Administrator

Default How do I load flashcards with BlackBerry Desktop Manager?

Be sure to review the instructions on these two pages:
http://www.gwhizmobile.com/Desktop/g...BlackBerry.php
http://www.gwhizmobile.com/Desktop/desktopmgr.php

Here are problems other customers have experienced when trying this approach. These may help you troubleshoot any problems you're having:
- you can use the gWhiz Catalog or Study Stack to create .gts files.
- the ".gts" extension is missing from the filename
- the "gwhizdata" folder needs to be created on the device, not on the media card, and not the desktop computer (see the screenshot on the second link above for an example)
- drag and drop the .gts file into the folder with the device connected and you should get a "Copy without conversion" prompt, answer yes.
- disconnect the sync cable, open gFlashPro on the device, press "MENU" and "Load from File..."
Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
juicerx8

What if my Blackberry media manager (BBDesktopManager Version 4.2.214) does not recognize the .gts file i.e.(the contents of the gwhiz folder doesn't show).

The window states: "There are media files in this foldethat match the filter setting. To change the filter settings, click the filter for Media Types button.
Note: There may be other types of files in this folder. Media Manager displays only media files."

Device: Blackberry curve 8310

I have "Show All Files" selected in the filter settings. I even tried dragging the folder contents from my desktop into the gwhizdata folder, directly from my desktop to my devices gwhizdata folder. It asks if i want to copy with conversion, I slect Copy With No Conversion; and when I try to load from file it states "Sorry, there are no available media files to choose from. Please consult the help documentation for more information.

Last edited by juicerx8; 06-30-2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 06-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
juicerx8

- the ".gts" extension is missing from the filename - They're labled .gts
- the "gwhizdata" folder needs to be created on the device, not on the media card, It is and not the desktop computer (see the screenshot on the second link above for an example) then how do we get the file from your site to our computer when we have to download it to our desktop location first??
- drag and drop the .gts file into the folder with the device connected BB Media doesn't regognize any .gts file extention and you should get a "Copy without conversion" prompt, answer yes. only says this when .gts file is dragged directly from desktop location
- disconnect the sync cable, open gFlashPro on the device, press "MENU" and "Load from File..."[/QUOTE] States no loadable files found

BBDesktopManager Version 4.2.2.14

Last edited by juicerx8; 06-30-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 07-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
gwhiz.support
Administrator

You may want to think about upgrading you BlackBerry Desktop Manager, I believe the current version is 4.7. I've done this many times with both 4.7 and older versions so I'm not sure what issue you may be experiencing. If you would like to forward the .gts file to info@gwhizmobile.com I'll give it a try on one of our devices.

Also, you'll want to confirm your device's OS is > 4.2.1.x
Old 07-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
juicerx8

Upgrading to v4.7 solved the issue, thanks. The program took almost an hour to install.